Small Business Facts
- There are 29 million small business owners in America and they employ 56 million people—meaning 85 million Americans depend on small business.
- Over 8 million small businesses are minority owned.
- About 10 million small businesses are owned by women.
- About 1/5 small businesses are family owned and operated.
- Small business owners are responsible for 2/3rds of new jobs.
- About 95% of small businesses in America are pass throughs—meaning their owners pay personal income taxes on the profits of their business.
- According to a recent JCN national poll of small business owners, the number one policy concern is high taxes.
- According to that same poll most small business owners would reinvest any tax cut savings back into their businesses in the form of wage hikes, new hiring, and expansion, showing that tax cuts would help boost the economy.