October 5, 2017
Washington, D.C.—Beginning this week and extending through the duration of the tax cuts debate, JCN’s Tax Cuts Now bus will be drumming up support and promoting the campaign to pass significant tax cuts around Washington, D.C. as well as in key districts.
As part of the campaign, a new commercial promoting tax cuts featuring hall of fame quarterback and small business owner, Fran Tarkenton, will be running this week on cable news programs in DC—including Fox & Friends, CBS This Morning and Morning Joe. Watch the commercial here. This is in addition to the national talk radio campaign from JCN that is ongoing.
Alfredo Ortiz, JCN President and CEO, released the following statement:
“Leader Pelosi should put politics aside and do what is right for small businesses and middle class Americans across the country. Small businesses are comprised of Democrats, Republicans and Independents – tax cuts for small businesses are a bipartisan issue at its core. The 29 million small businesses that employ 56 million hardworking Americans are depending on Congress to strengthen their ability to hire more people, raise wages, and expand their businesses through this tax cut. The time to act is now.”
Facts on Small Business:
- There are 29 million small business owners in America and they employ 56 million people—
meaning 85 million Americans depend on small business
- Over 8 million small businesses are minority owned
- About 10 million small businesses are owned by women
- About 1/5 small businesses are family owned and operated
- Small business owners are responsible for 2/3rds of new jobs
- About 95% of small businesses in America are pass throughs—meaning their owners pay
personal income taxes on the profits of their business.
- According to a recent JCN national poll of small business owners, the number one policy
concern is high taxes