Full Page Ad in The Wall Street Journal Calls on the White House and Congress to Adopt “Healthcare for You” Plan
Washington, DC (July 28, 2020) — Today, the Job Creators Network Foundation (JCNF) is running a full-page advertisement in The Wall Street Journal calling on the White House and Congress to adopt a healthcare reform based on more choice and less government. Healthcare for You was developed by The Job Creators Network Foundation and Physicians for Reform and the basic framework has been adopted by other free-market advocacy organizations.
The advertisement, which is running in the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore markets, highlights the key aspects of the Healthcare for You framework, including:
- Protect those with pre-existing conditions.
- Lower drug prices.
- Lower insurance premiums through increased choice and price transparency.
- Expand Personal Health Management Accounts to give patients more control over their healthcare dollars.
- Put patients in charge by removing barriers that separate them from their doctors.
- Expand Direct Medical Care to increase choices and lower costs.
- Reduce defensive medicine to remove costs from the system.
“There is growing momentum for a free-market solution that would restore the doctor-patient relationship and give hard-working Americans more choice when it comes to healthcare,” said Alfredo Ortiz, JCN President and CEO. “Together with Physicians for Reform, we conducted extensive market research involving more than 25,000 Americans to develop the framework and we’re happy to see other free-market-oriented advocacy groups adopt many of these elements in their own plans. Now is the time for like-minded advocates to coalesce and present a united vision of a free-market approach to healthcare reform in America.”